Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Flagstaff, AZ

I'm watching the miles left to go on the GPS, and I'm getting closer and closer to Flagstaff, and I don't see any lights.  So I'm starting to panic that my GPS is about to strand me out in the middle of nowhere.  Then it gets under 10 miles and suddenly there are lights - I think the town was hiding in a dip, plus it felt like I drove around a mountain before I got to my exit, so maybe most of the place was hiding behind the mountain.

I spent the day listening to a audiobook my dad lent me.  Wowie it's great!  I can't tell how far into it I am, so I'm starting to worry that I will arrive at my aunt's tomorrow before it's done, and I will be unable to get out of the car and unload because I will be listening to the end of the story.

Dumble was really feisty tonight, growling and even barken when I tried to brush him, so instead I threw the rubber chicken and he gleefully chased it, gulumphing back over to me so I could throw it again.  He had a lot of energy to burn off and we played for a long time.  Now he's passed out on the bed down by my feet.

Tomorrow is the last day of my journey.  Fewer miles than the other days (less than 500 versus nearly 600 each day for the rest of the trip), and google maps gives a time estimate of from 7 1/4 to 9 1/2 hours depending on traffic.  Both my Dad and Aunt think I'll be going against the traffic when I arrive, so maybe I'll be lucky.  Although I won't feel lucky if the story's not over!

5 comments:

  1. I love Flagstaff... mmmm, smell the pines! You're so close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl glad to hear you are almost there. These trips are going to make great scrapbooks so we will have to get you to Vermont for our 4 days scrap when you finally settle down or not.
    Take care and God's speed.
    Mags

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! Ellen the Trucker! like large marge (from Pee Wee's Big Adventure)
    KZ - from work

    ReplyDelete