Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Orange County, CA

For most of the trip, I've been following the path of the old Rt 66.  So when I hit Barstow, the line "Kingman, Barstow, San Bernadino" kept running through my head.  It was there that I hit the first real traffic since I left the environs of New York City.  There was some construction and at one point it went from four lanes of traffic down to one.  When I finally reached the outskirts of LA, there was heavy traffic but it was moving pretty well.  This meant that I arrive at my Aunt's about 3:30.  I couldn't beleive it.

I emptied my car (good car, nice car... I kinda wish there was a treat I could give it!) brought my clothing upstairs and some other stuff, but the craft supplies are taking up space in the living room until the weekend.  I've had a shower and my clothes and other stuff are all ready for tomorrow, and once again Dumble is resting on my calves as I type on the laptop.  He was so relaxed and comfortable in the car the last couple of days, that when I reached over to pet him, he rolled over so I could rub his belly.  I doubt he would have done that if he was at all unhappy.

5 comments:

  1. wow. amazing... and I'm humoured that the time on your post is 11:35pm, yet I'm sitting here in SoCal just a mere 50 or so miles from you and it's only 9:00pm, LOL.

    anyways, congrats on the successful drive and welcome to sunny socal - the weather should be just fine, although cool esp. at night for the next week or so...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for Ellen!!! Thank God and your car that you have arrived safely. When do you start the job? Don't even tell me tomorrow...

    Mags

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you had a good trip and arrived safely. Maybe you could
    give your car a gallon of premium as a treat? :-). Auntie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to change the timezone on my laptop.

    ReplyDelete