Saturday, December 12, 2009

Bead Envy

I takes about 40 minutes or so to get home, and I call the guys on my cell phone (hands free of course), it's about 8 their time when I get out, so it's a good time to call.  They've had their dinner, and sometimes Dan is done with his homework.  We catch up and chat and they keep me company on my drive.  And I'm very happy that I'll be home for a long visit starting next week.

Dumble is getting along well with my aunt and her doggy.  He defers to the other dog, and has charmed my aunt completely.  He's such a sweetheart - we got really lucky with him.

I went to a bead show today.  I went to work an hour early (left home around 6:30) so I could leave work at 4.  With the drive and dinner I had a bit over 2 hours to walk the show tonight and register for the classes I want to take tomorrow.  I didn't manage to see all the booths yet!  The array of beads and crystals is overwhelming.  There are these opaque crystals in black and red that look like sparkly velvet if you can imagine such a thing. 

I bought a couple of extra kits from one of the ladies I'm taking a class with tomorrow.  They were too yummy to pass up!  I'm doing her beaded bead.  I'm also taking advanced stringing with this lady .  I'm very excited.

My aunt is very crafty, and the thing I most looked forward to when I realized I could stay with her was crafting together.  She's into beading too and makes these amazing little purses.  (and makes amazing lace).  We were showing each other our treasures (I have a half finished necklace I have to work on before I get to my new kits) this evening.  I was so pumped from my trip to the show that I can't get settled down to go to bed.

Tomorrow morning early, Dumble gets to meet my Aunt's groomer, then I'll head back over to the show for the day.  Happy, happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment