Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Good Lord It Comes In a Shoe Box!

That's what I said when the waiter brought the cake to the table!  My Aunt and I had dinner at the Claim Jumper and were taking our dessert to go.  I had seen the cake, and knew how large it was, but I was still stunned when I saw the box!








It was astoundingly good and took us days to eat.

I"ve been here a week now, settling in at work and at my Aunt's.  The doggies are getting along well, and Dumble is taking it all in stride.  I'm getting over the cold I picked up on the road, and unfortunately seem to have passed on to my Aunt.  Still a bit time-zone lagged. 

When the morning is clear, like it was today, there are spectacular mountains in the distance to look at while I drive to work, and if I get out of work before sundown, I drive home into the sunset.  Very pretty.  It's easy to get turned around - I don't think Blair is getting his GPS back any time soon.

I'm going to a bad show this weekend and taking a couple of classes - that will be fun.  And next Friday, I'm headed home for Christmas for the week.  I'm not sure when I'll be home next, because of how long the flight is, it's not convenient just for a long weekend.  Thank goodness for the internet and unlimited cell phone minutes!

3 comments:

  1. rats! That's supposed to be "bead show".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen, Thanks for the tip on how to respond to your blog! That cake looks scrumptious! I almost tried to grab a piece for myself. :) :) :)

    Enjoy the flight home and have a very Merry Christmas!
    Lois Hoyt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Ellen,

    I work for Claim Jumper Restaurants in our Guest Service Department and want to take a moment to personally thank you for recently dining at our restaurant. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the dessert you ordered. The Chocolate Motherlode Cake is my favorite! The pictures look great too! I am hoping you will share with me your address as I would like to send you a small gift card to use the next time you dine with us in appreciation of your business.

    I look forward to hearing from you soon!

    Warm Regards,
    Jamesa Gonzalez
    jamesa.gonzalez@claimjumper.com

    ReplyDelete