Sunday, March 8, 2009

Our Weekend

The first thing I did yesterday was tidy up (actually the first thing I did was burn some bacon, but I digress). There were papers and empty boxes and half done stuff all over the living room and kitchen. After that I set out in the car to run some errands.

The GPS correctly led me to my bank, and a scrapbooking store, but choked on the address of a supermarket where there was a Post Office. Luckily, I realized before I got too off course. The really weird thing is that on my way to a later destination (another scrapbook store) it put me onto the exact same street it refused to acknowledge the existence of earlier.

Unfortunately, it completely refused to take me to one of those meal in a hurry type places (like Entrees Made Easy in CT). It kept trying to direct me to the diametrically opposite end of town and when I tried 411, they had no record of the place. I should have realized I'd have a problem when I could get directions via google but not mapquest when I was trying to plan my trip before I left home.

Dumble and I had a nice ramble down by the river ( ) then we went home and I watched some shows on my laptop while he cuddled up to me. For dinner I walked to Dos Amigos, and excellent Mexican restaurant, recommended by a coworker, that's right around the corner (it's the red roof in the center of the photo I linked to above).

One of the stores I visited is having a three day crop next weekend. I was thinking I wasn't organized enough to pack for a crop yet (most of my supplies are still in boxes awaiting the arrival of my armoire. But then I remembered that I have a tote filled with supplies for my sister's wedding album, so I'll dig out the disks with the photos and the tote, and I'll be all set.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on settling in and finding all the 'good' stuff ... I know you'll be successful! Enjoy that 3 day crop! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl you will have a blast and meet lots of nice people because as you know scrapbookers are the best. Miss you and love to you and dumble...

    Love Mags

    ReplyDelete