Friday, March 6, 2009

One Week Down...

Fifty-one to go?

I got an assignment today and started working on it. I'm excited about that. Your self-worth can take a beating when you feel that you're not a productive member of society. It's good to have something to do that others will value.

I'm sooo glad Dumble is here. He's on my lap right now, tucked under my arm, resting his head on the laptop. A minute ago his chin rested on the touchpad and moved the mouse - it took me a second to figure out why the mouse wasn't where I wanted it to be. "The Highway" is playing on my XM - it's a familiar piece of home and reminds me of Country Western Wednesdays at momento when we'd have the stereo at the store tuned to that station all day.

I'm going to hunt down two scrapbooking stores tomorrow, along with the post office and supermarket.

Nancy asked about a SlingBox. It's a device that sits on my TV, and it's connected to my Tivos and to my router. It streams the output from either Tivo to software on my laptop so I can keep up with all my shows. If the guys are home and they turn on the TV and watch the same Tivo, we can watch a show together. Last night Daniel and I watched half of this week's Heroes together (we had to stop when his bedtime came round.) We had our respective telephones on speaker and we could chat about what was happening, just as if we were on the same couch. It was pretty cool.

2 comments:

  1. Such a great idea! It is almost like being at home!!! Hope your assignment is a fun one and you have a successful scrapbook hunting day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Sling Box sounds really cool, and I'm sure Daniel really enjoyed having Mom so nearby. Good for you guys.

    ReplyDelete