Sunday, March 1, 2009

Just South of Rochester

Dumble and I are safely ensconced in something that Orbitz called an "AmericInn" but the sign outside calls a "Relax Inn". It's clean. and it's got a deadbolt, but that's really all I can say about it. It's got a funky, disinfectanty kinda smell, and hasn't been decorated since the 80's sometime, but so far it's quiet at least. I called about seeing if I could cancel without a penalty since I arrived here earlier than I thought I would (about 5:30 rather than about 9), but there's a 24 hour cancellation policy. It would have been pretty insane for me to try and unload the van tonight anyway, I'm better of getting whatever sleep my busy brain and my goofy dog allow me to and starting fresh in the AM.



And the reason it depends on Dumble is that he spent a good part of last night growling and making those quiet, bark-like sounds of disapproval at the slightest noise. Plus he insisted on going out around 11:30 last night (and OMG was it cold!) after I had turned out the light and been trying to get to sleep for at least an hour and a half. I was so desperate to sleep that I attempted to shut him in the bathroom - but alas, I could hear him whimpering for me, and I got him back out again. In the morning, after getting >some< sleep, I had compassion for his unease - long day, freaky windshield wipers, constant motion in the car, the sounds of strange people in "his" house, etc, etc, but last night, not so much.



I'm sitting up in bed, with the laptop on my lap (natch) and my doggie on my shins. He's curled up and no longer growling at the air conditioning unit (it was billowing out the curtains before). He actually slept a lot in the car today (he's got a nice car seat like this but with no food dishes http://www.petstreetmall.com/Lookout-I-Dog-Car-Seat/2767/1641/ ). I'm going to search online to find out the nearest Target, PetSmart (or similar) and supermarket so I can do some shopping after I move in, and then Dumble and I are going night-night.

No comments:

Post a Comment