Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Blair got a job offer today! The money isn't great, but it's close to home. Before this it was looking like he'd have to take a 4 month maternity replacement gig in a town at least 45 minutes away, plus working weekends for a place that is planning on opening a second building in the fall, and might want him full time then. It's a great relief. We're taking a little money out of his 401K to cover COBRA for a few months, and when he's eligible to join their plan, we can switch to a less expensive plan because I'll be done with treatment.

I'm feeling OK. Mom, a sister and I got together Monday and Tuesday to bake cookies. It really tired me out. Tuesday when I met with the doctor, she said that it's right about the time I should be feeling fatigue from the radiation (speaking of radiation, did you guys hear they want to open up Chernobyl to tourists, how crazy is that?) and that it would get worse before it got better (in maybe a month or so.) I'm starting to get some skin irritation too, and need to be more rigorous about using the cream she prescribed (and doing it more often).

Although it was worrisome (to say the least) to have Blair unemployed, I've been glad to have him with me during the day. He drives me to treatment every day (it's nice to have company). I'm out and about more than I was when I was home alone - and I'm sure I'd sleep more and get dressed later too.

Blair's aunt Sybil passed away (his Dad's sister), she was 91. I'm >so< glad Daniel and I visited with her before we left California - we had a nice lunch and went mini golfing. We're going to visit his parents this weekend. I've adored Sybil ever since I first met her after we got engaged. She offered to throw a shower for me (and invite his parents' friends) and it was lovely. She also adored my husband which was a very large point in her favor. :-)

Dan never told us what he wanted for Christmas, so we went ahead and got a few things for him. He's thinking of changing his look a little and so we got him a couple of henley shirts and a vest (he saw a guy on TV wearing that and liked it). I finished up my shopping tonight on Amazon - I was even able to buy itunes gift cards there! Little teachers' gifts and something for the boys to give Blair.


Dan's almost caught up with the English work. His teacher has been so understanding and willing to work with him. He was missing a couple of assignments - he'd had trouble understanding what to do and was too shy or afraid to ask her.

Blair was really down on himself after he lost his job, and his usual sunny personality is returning. I'm glad to have my usual hubby back.


No comments:

Post a Comment