Friday, May 8, 2009

Planning for Summer

I recently firmed up Daniel's plans for the summer. He's not big into the whole summer camp thing anymore, but Blair and I don't like the idea of him home alone every day playing video games, so I hit on the idea of finding him activities in here in Minnesota. We cobbled together some different programs we're all excited about and the best part is that my boy will be spending 5 weeks out here with me!

He's doing something calls Summer of Service which combines community service type stuff with regular camp stuff, at 200 bucks for two weeks including lunch, it's a steal. He's also doing a one week sports camp, a one week course at the University of MN on game programming, and a one week class in sports statistics (two of his favorite things in one class!). Each of these activities is near a bus stop, and all the buses in town eventually end up right by the clinic, so when he's done before I've finished work, he can get to me.

I'll probably go home to CT for some doctor's appointments the weekend before and take him back with me. Then I'm hoping Blair can take a little vacation time to come out here at the end and do touristy things with Daniel while I work, and they can go home together.

Tonight I'm going to see the new Star Trek movie (I'm hopeful and afraid). And I'm planning to scrapbook this weekend. I have this idea for a scrapbook/art project doing digital collages with lyrics from some of my favorite songs. It will be an ongoing project and I'm pretty sure I want to use an acrylic album as a start.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I hope The Boy loves his time out here. Wouldn't it be funny if you all ended up moving to MN? We need another Midwesterner on the list, you know. :-) I like the scrapping idea a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! and what a great experience for Daniel!

    ReplyDelete