Thursday, July 15, 2010

Wrong Turn at Albuquerque

I've been waiting for the CA guy to get back to the NM guy, and I finally spoke to the CA gut this afternoon and left a message for the NM guy and he hasn't gotten back to me.  CA guy's story is that he and NM guy agree that it was the death of the compressor that caused the drive shaft to fail, not the nuts being british measurements instead of metric.  The death of the compressor had nothing to do with the two kinds of refrigerant (and my BIL the mechanic agrees).  I want to hear from the NM guy that it's not the CA guys fault and I need to tell him to go ahead and order the drive shaft.  Since that will take at least overnight, I don't see us leaving before Monday. 

We got a rental from the NM dealer and have been getting out of the hotel at least.  We went to the top of Sandia Peak yesterday, and had lunch up there.  After wards we drove along route 66, then we saw the Sorcerer's Apprentice (loved it!) and we're going to see the Karate Kid later.  We blowled two rounds earlier today (and we both did pretty badly, me worse than Dan).  Tomorrow we are signed up for a segway tour of the older part of Albuquerque.  The hotel is nice and the room comfortable.  So things could be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment