Tuesday, July 13, 2010

It Gets Better

They think the compressor blew because there were two types of refrigerant in it.  Since I had the system upgraded from freon in CT before I left for CA, and had it serviced in CA before I left (the replaced some o-rings and topped off the refrigerant) that means the 2nd type was added by the guys in CA.

There has been a rattling noise from the bushings in (on? around?) the drive shaft for a long time, but when I had it looked at I was told it was just cosmetic and not causing any problems with the car.  When I had the car checked in CA, they told me that it had passed that point and was now causing wear.  They found me a reconditioned drive shaft for about a third the cost of a new one, and I had them replace it. 

The guy taking care of me here in NM called this morning.  The drive shaft tore itself apart (could that have been the thump I heard?) because it was attached with american size bolts and not metric.  A new one can't be here until tomorrow.


I called the guy who handled my car in CA and he's going to get back to me after he talks to his manager.

No comments:

Post a Comment