Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Busy Guys!

Monday, they rented Segways and toodled around Rochester along the river paths. Then Blair revisited the local barbershop chorus.

Tuesday, they took a bus tour to the Mississippi River and Wisconsin. They had lunch in a town called Alta, and a town with only 352 residents (that's smaller than my high school graduating class!). They saw Lake Pepin, Lark Toys, and locks on the river, and visited an eagle sanctuary.

Wednesday, they took the self guided audio art tour of the clinic and saw the art that wasn't covered on the guided tour. Thursday was rainy and they went bowling again and Blair won two out of three games, then Daniel had lunch and kicked his tushie in the third game!

Friday, they went up to St Paul and visited the science museum including the Titanic exhibit. At the beginning, they give you a passport with a passenger's name on it and at the end, you see if you survived or not. Dan was John Astor, and Blair was someone from Norway (I'm assuming he was in steerage!). Neither of them made it though.

Last night, Dan and I had a disagreement, and when we apologized, I said that I didn't want to fight on their last night, and next thing I know, we're both crying and I'm saying to Blair, "He's my baby, and you're taking him away." It hurt so bad, and I hadn't wanted to lose it in front of Dan and upset him, but I couldn't help myself. We promised to video chat this afternoon when they get home. I tried all week not to think about them going away, because when I do, it hurts so much.

This morning early, they set off for home. Their plane left on time and they called from Chicago. They sounded fine.

1 comment:

  1. You deserve a lot of credit for doing what you have to do. I'm so glad you had those few weeks with Daniel and then the extra week with them both.

    ReplyDelete