Thursday, May 24, 2012

Family Cookbook

This project has been several years in the making, but I finally collected all the family recipes and put them in one document.  I was originally going to accompany the recipes with photos of the dishes, but when my Dad scanned the family photos, I realized I could do something a lot more fun.  Using a We R Memory Keepers 8.5"x5.5" album, I paired the recipes with digital layouts using photos from my childhood, and photos of my folks.  I kept the layouts simple, background paper, the photos as large as they could be and still fit, basic journaling and maybe one embellishment.  I'm very pleased with how it turned out.

Of course the first thing my Mom wanted to know was when her copy would be ready.  ;-)

Then I got the idea to put the whole thing on DVD.  I took my original word document and added the digital layouts to approximately every other page.  Then I created an altered CD cover complete with a table of contents.  Now everyone in the family has their own copy of the recipes and layouts.  And if anyone wants a hard copy, they can print the pages, fold them in half and put them in 5.5x8.5 page protectors and voila!


the DVD and the cookbook

the little boy on the right is my grandfather



No comments:

Post a Comment