Monday, September 27, 2010

Sloane

Today's appointment didn't effect me the same way. The doctor at Sloane was less warm than the doc in Greenwich (she even rolled her eyes at one point). But, there were a few things that I hadn't heard before (or that hadn't really penetrated) so it was worth it from that point of view.


We're going to keep the surgery appointment with the doctor in Greenwich. So I'm having a lumpectomy on October 8th. Depending on whether or not there's lymph node involvement and the pathology results (either or both), I will need chemo.


What did sock me in the gut this afternoon was making the appointment with the oncologist for the following Wednesday (the pathology results should be back by then).

I had a lovely insurance scare the other day. The Greenwich doctor's office called to tell me that the insurance wouldn't cover the visit. I called Aetna, and they told me that my coverage was terminated on September 1st and that I should contact my erstwhile employer to see why. (Back in August, we had paid COBRA enough to cover us until his insurance kicks in on October 1st.) I was totally panicking as I called my HR contact. Turns out my former employer switched carriers as of 9/1 and they missed me somehow when the new cards got issued and packets were sent out. She assured me she would take care of it and that my coverage would be retroactive to 9/1. She should have a policy number tomorrow, and I can call various providers and have them resubmit to the new company. I had also received an $1100 bill from the hospital, so it's a real relief to find out why.


I had to give Sloane the wrong insurance info this morning (since I don't have the new info yet), and I'll have to call them too with the new info when I get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment