Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Poor Dumbledore!

Dumbledore's been sleeping poorly the last couple of nights. Sunday night, he just could not settle down.  He'd lie down, then get right back up and made a lot of little noises - drove us crazy.  I didn't have a lot of patience for him during the night, but after some sleep I realized that there was probably something wrong with him.  He's also been hanging out on the floor a lot instead of hopping up by us.  I decided to wait another day to take him to the vet (since I'd rather take him to his regular vet today than the emergency vet on Labor Day).  Last night was a little better but not by much.


He's got some pain in/near his spine in the area of his rib cage.  She prescribed an NSAID, and rest.  No rough play, gentle exercise (like walkies), help him up and down from furniture as mush as possible and hold him parallel to the floor (no lifting him under the armpits like a baby).  I have to give the medicine with food, so I stopped at the pet store and got some canned food (he usually eats only kibble and I wanted to get something he'd be sure to eat when I gave it to him).  He wouldn't drink the medicine from the dropper like my aunt's dog does, but I mixed it in the wet food and he scarfed it up.  I went shopping for a bit and he seems a little better already.


He's supposed to take it easy for about 6 weeks.  Poor baby!


(Update from the next morning - he slept all night and seems much better already!)





No comments:

Post a Comment