Friday, August 27, 2010

I Need More Tests

I had my MRI this morning. I had a couple of Xanax beforehand so there was no anxiety and I kinda zoned out at one point. I was most afraid of the contrast dye, worried about it burning or making me ill, but the tech reassured me. It just felt kinda cold when in went in. The noise wasn't that bad either, and they gave me earplugs.

Afterwards, B and I had Thai for lunch, then went up to Barnes and Noble for a nook for my birthday. We're thinking that if I need chemo, I'll be doing a lot of sitting around, and an eBook would be easier to tote around than multiple books.  We went for the 4G model because I can shop for and buy books wherever I'm at (including the hospital.)  It's charging now - whoo hoo. I returned some books that I bought last week, so I can get them on the nook instead.

While we were at the checkout at Staples I got a call from my doctor. She said the radiologist looking at the MRI saw something in a different part of the right breast and another something in the left that they want to take closer looks at. I have an appointment Monday at 1:15 to have some ultrasound and mammographic scans, and may have biopsies too. 


I'm not thrilled that there may be more than one in there.



No comments:

Post a Comment