Monday, December 29, 2008

Birthday Card for my Husband




Here's a birthday card I made for my husband featuring Doris Castle's Pure Love page kit, which was included in the book/CD Digi-SCrappin' 102 Brushes and Actions. This book from Design Originals (the ones with the panda bear logo) was a very straightforward, easy to use introduction to brushes and actions in photoshop elements. There have been a couple of versions of elements released since the book was written, but it was pretty easy to figure out what to do when the instructions weren't quite right.

To make the background I copied the blue from one of her elements using the eyedropper tool. I layered the word overlay on top of that, then the other elements (a frame, a heart and a journaling block). I looked for a font that had the same feeling as other elements in the kit that had words.

I created the project in an 8.5x11 canvas, printed it and mounted it on a cream colored 5x7 card. I found the quote on the internet, attributed anonymously He loved it!

1 comment: