Friday, July 25, 2008

More About Dumbledore


We are asked many questions about Dumbledore - here are some of the most frequent:
How old is he? He was two in January.

How much does he weigh? He's about 6lb 4oz - both my boys weighed more than that when they were born!

Is he a Teacup Yorkie? Dumble is full-sized, but there is no such breed as "Teacup Yorksire Terrier." For more information see the Yorkshire Terrier Club of America website (YTCA).

Where did you get Dumbledore? I bought him from a breeder I found through the YTCA. Breeders who belong to the Club have committed to the Club's code of ethics. I wanted to make sure I was dealing with a reputable dealer and not a puppy mill.

What's up with Dumble's nose? We believe that when Dumbledore was a baby, someone stoe his real nose and replaced with with a plastic nose. It is too perfect to be a "real" nose.

What's the scoop on Dumble's funky toes?
On his back right foot, his toes and claws curve away from each other instead of straight out. It was this supposed "flaw" that prevented him from becoming the show dog he was bred to be. It is our considered opinion that the reason funky-toed dogs are disqualified from being show dogs is that they are so superior in all other ways to ordinary dogs that it simply wouldn't be fair to the other dogs. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment