Monday, December 17, 2007

Wet & Wild

Nope, not what you think! I pulled into my driveway last night and hit the garage door opener. The sight that greeted my eyes was far from merry - cascades of water were puring from the light fixtures in the ceiling, gouts of water were running down the back wall and lakes of water filled the back half of the garage. I was stunned. And I had no idea where the shutoff for the house was.

My hubby came home soon afterward and shut off the water to the house. A little while later we could hear the sump pump working (phew! I was afraid it was dead!) There was a lake in our bathroom and the carpet in the nearby closet is damp. The water is cleaned up now, and we were able to turn the water back on and everything looks OK. Best news of all, the contractor who built our addition, our plumber and the insurance adjuster can all meet me at the house this afternoon - at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment