Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Winterfair Gifts

I took the name from a short story set in the universe of some of my favorite books.

The "gifts" consist of a multi-strand necklace with crystal, pearls and rhinestones, a pair of earrings and a bracelet.  The pearls and rhinestones are re-purposed vintage pieces (I've been haunting tag sales looking for vintage costume jewelry).

Winterfair Gifts

Bracelet detail: I snipped off the pin mechanism from this small rhinestone crown and glued on a bail to convert it to a charm.

Close up of the focals

I bent the earring post on the rhinestones to make a loop so I could add them to the earrings.
Long before I heard the Mythbusters say it, my motto was "anything worth doing is worth over-doing".

3 comments:

  1. These are beautiful Ellen! You are so talented, I love them! --LT

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "gifts" consist of a multi-strand necklace with crystal, pearls and rhinestones, a pair of earrings and a bracelet. fathers day gifts

    ReplyDelete