Monday, January 31, 2011

The Next Phase

Today I had my follow up appointment with the oncologist.  He started me on tamoxifen.  (He also wants me to start taking baby aspirin to counter balance the increased risk of clotting from the tamoxifen.)  I'm to come back in a month if I'm experiencing side effects.  

I also spoke to the gal who was supposed to set me up with PT for my shoulder and a personal trainer.  She made an appointment for me for tonight.  The cancer center has an arrangement with an assisted living facility (that coincidentally Blair used to work at) to use their fitness center two nights a week.  The trainer showed me how to use the machines and I tried them all and used the recumbent bike and a recumbent stepper.  I can go Monday and Friday afternoons.  And I can do yoga Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday mornings.  That seems like a good start.

It's also time to stop eating like I'm bulking up for an endless winter.  I decided not to worry about it too much while I was in treatment, but it's time to get serious.

4 comments:

  1. Tired, but I think that's probably more related to emotional issues and sloth than to the treatment (it's been a month now). Hopefully the exercise and healthier eating will help with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow, this made me think of you and this post: http://outaspaceman.blogspot.com/2011/03/cardboard-reality-interventions-2011-no_12.html

    ReplyDelete