Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Digital Layouts

I recently tried some digital scrapbooking. The first layout is a 2 page spread. The photo is of my oldest son's room after he moved out. When I took the photo, my 12yo looked at the display and said "it looks scary." I thought it was cool that he got the emotion behind the photo.

On the left I included the words to Billy Ray Cyrus' song, Ready, Set, Don't Go. I get a little teary every time I hear it. The journaling says:

Just after Alex moved out, Billy Ray Cyrus released this song as a duet with his daughter, Miley. It sums up so perfectly how I felt. So proud that he's taking charge of his life, but missing him so. I know my job was to make him ready for the world, but he's still my baby.

The second is my attempt at a "warhol" layout using my favorite photo of my 11 year old. The last is my first attempt at sketching over a photo - after you're done with the sketch, you hide the layer with the photo. Now it looks like I can actually draw!


No comments:

Post a Comment